Foundations of Evidence-based Practice in Healthcare
Jan 31, 2021 - Jun 30, 2023
Full course description
This course will provide a foundational overview of evidence-based practice (EBP) in nursing and health sciences, including the seven steps of the EBP process as well as research supported strategies for implementing EBP in real world settings. The course will be taught by internationally renowned experts in EBP who will share their knowledge and skills gained through decades of work with hundreds of healthcare organizations across the nation and the globe. The course will include lectures, readings, and skill building activities.
Topics covered include:
- Module 1: Making the Case for Evidence-Based Practice
- Module 2: Spirit of Inquiry and Formulating a PICOT Question
- Module 3: Basic Searching for Evidence
- Module 4: Critical Appraisal vs. Critique
- Module 5: Integrating Evidence into Decision Making and Measuring Outcomes
- Module 6: Making EBP Happen in Real World Clinical Settings
At the conclusion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of EBP in improving healthcare quality and patient outcomes.
- Describe the seven steps of EBP and how to implement EBP in real world settings.
- Discuss barriers to EBP and strategies to overcome them, including the new EBP competencies.
- Describe current trends and challenges in the shift from traditional practice approaches to an evidence-based approach to care and decision making.
If you'd like more information or help with answering any questions you might have about this course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.